Some of you were curious to see some more of my written work. Here’s a bit of schoolwork that eventually became a story and then schoolwork again. Diary entries written by the ocean. As in the ocean is the narrator. It refers to itself in a humanistic, out-of-body pov.
I have no excuse for the way my brain works. Let’s just leave it at that.
In a million years time, consider, you will be gone.
In a million years time, only a handful of creatures and places and memories will remain. Even fewer will remain unchanged in the course of time. One of those organisms is the vast body of water between the bits of Earth; holding it all together, holding it all apart. The ocean will sit where she sits as the continents crumble and float and the people residing on them walk along and suffer under nature’s thumb. Water will still be. People will evolve, devolve, become less and more, or maybe one day disappear all together.
Water will still be.
The ocean is breathing right now. Consider that. It isn’t a laying object, it’s a presence. A moving one. It flows and pants the same as any restless dancer, has a mind enough to be stubborn, has a power enough to arch above anyone’s orders. The ocean is King.
The ocean is bigger, deeper, stronger, louder, faster, and stranger than any human.
How could you ever think that the capacity of life doesn’t reach wider than skin and dirt? How could you ever think you humans and your trees and plastic are all the blood that pulses through the Earth, and the sea your bed to rest on?
How could you ever think, in this big, wide world, that you are alone?
-thoughts from O
It could tangle you up.
And your children and inflatable chairs and cracked sunglasses. It could even kill you here, drown you, taste your soul.
But it tries not to, because there’s a part of it that loves you.
-thoughts from O
Humans on boards were smiling and being confident about which, between man and water, would rule the other through the morning. Confidence is lovely until it’s annoying. So the ocean shot them off its back and laughed.
Never doubt its pride and always beware its sense of humor.
-thoughts from O
- mi-ao likes this
- secretlyjehan likes this
- thewinchesters-takethetardis reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- thewinchesters-takethetardis likes this
- deputy-amy-pond likes this
- katnissenfeu reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- four-infernal-instruments likes this
- di4gent likes this
- allanason reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- allanason likes this
- dftba-amigos likes this
- pangaeasarchive likes this
- bellesinkstains reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- llamasdontdrinktea likes this
- tellherohsheknows likes this
- scribeofstories likes this
- everhorne-y reblogged this from cassjaytuck and added:
- burdenedwithgloriousfeels likes this
- icameisawiconquered21 likes this
- notaloneintheuniverse likes this
- hrvelle likes this
- h0peless-daydreamers reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- danibananilovesmustaches likes this
- m-kate-f likes this
- olabradford likes this
- heathergoesrawrr reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- fladoodles reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- greatinfinites likes this
- thatabstractedmarius likes this
- system-of-a-fangirl likes this
- i-dont-think-she-sees-me reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- qmembers likes this
- ianandjared likes this
- oneofus-ish reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- thegreensatchel likes this
- capitolconcotion likes this
- grayisacolor likes this
- maureengoestoitaly likes this
- cowboys-and-bloodsuckers likes this
- he-is-the-thruster likes this
- shannenigans likes this
- bleeding-blue-oceans reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- bleeding-blue-oceans likes this
- perks-ofawallflower reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- perks-ofawallflower likes this
- ballpointtattoos likes this
- cassjaytuck posted this