here’s a few things that a lot of booktubers, if not all, can’t tell you without a lot of people getting all ticked off and confused and stuff
we have lives
Crazy huh? No, but we do. And I don’t necessarily mean we’re all huge party-goers or hosters, spending our late nights at clubs or with our pretty group of friends. To my understanding, a whole lot of us are introverts. You probably picked up on that. But you know what most booktubers also are? Students. Employees. Yes, some of us are paid by YouTube, and boy do I wish it were enough to exterminate my bills, but it isn’t.
Please don’t get angry if a video isn’t posted on time, or at all in one week. No one’s trying to punish you. There’s a good chance we’re passed out on our couches under a pile of textbooks that we paid $200 dollars each to acquire.
We will make it up to you. We did not do it on purpose. We are sorry.
when we say requests welcome, we don’t mean…
1) spam us for thirty-six straight hours and then get mad when you see no reply.
2) every single request ever will be read and taken into account the moment it’s sent.
3) we’re going to let you post requests and then ignore every one because we’re evil.
4) we will take every single request ever in general, because some of the books you’ve mentioned we
a) didn’t like/care for, and don’t have a desire to review it.
b) read it a long time ago, don’t remember it enough, and don’t want to read it twice.
c) know the jest of the storyline and know what sort of books we like; this is not one of them.
d) Etc, etc, we’re allowed to have reasons because this is our booktubing channel, dangit.
when we say requests welcome, we mean…
Every now and again we’ll stumble on a request. Maybe it’s a message, maybe it’s a comment or tweet, it doesn’t matter. We’ll see the book title and recognize it as something we saw at B & N and wanted to pick up, but never did. Or maybe we know the author you mentioned and get curious. Maybe we are so out of options that we pick to read the first request we see.
The point is, try not to get your feelings hurt. I, for one, get so many requests, it’d be physically impossible for me to read them all before the day I died. You can post a request, and we may or may not see it/may or may not take it. That’s just how it goes.
(At least for me, and for most booktubers I know.)
Also, for me personally? Even though I’m down with requests, the main purpose for my channel is to talk about the books I’ve read that I want to discuss. I kind of enjoy the experience of finding books on my own. Sometimes I’ll ask for help, but not often. I love introducing people to new stories.
I don’t think you understand how many books we have on “our list”
Seriously. I’m pretty sure every booktuber I’ve ever known has that mental “TO READ” list constantly blinking in the back of their head. Never forget that. Never ever never. It is so long.
we don’t really know how to react to bullies
I’d tell you to be kind, we’re frail! but that’s not really it. And I guess it’s not that we don’t know what to do, rather than we just don’t care. I don’t know about my other booktubing pals, but me personally? I don’t know the first thing about dealing with trolls. If you’re looking to be one of those, out of a rampage, thirsty for a reaction, there’s a really good chance you’re not going to get one. It’s a booktubing channel, for cripe’s sake. I’ve got a midterm next week, a double to work tomorrow, and two papers due by Monday. You really think I care that you hate Twilight so much you cry blood whenever you think about it?
we will never ever take our viewers for granted. we love you guys a lot.
It’s true. Anyone will tell you the same thing. We don’t ever want you to feel ignored or hurt or like you’re not smart enough. It takes a lot of courage to keep up with a YouTube channel, heck, it takes a lot of courage to put you opinion on the internet at the risk of it being torn up like tender pork chops. We take that risk because we love our audience and we love what we do. ‘Kay?
- thehappiest-place-on-earth likes this
- changeable-as-water reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- mikalawoods likes this
- kylelowe likes this
- roomwithsomelaceandpaperflowers reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- bellacantante likes this
- percy-kirito-waters reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- percy-kirito-waters likes this
- burdenedwithgloriousfeels likes this
- booknerd24600394 likes this
- certifiedjesusfreak likes this
- secondfandomtotheright likes this
- bloggler likes this
- hayleightheporcupine reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- claras-tea-cup likes this
- thefallenassbutt likes this
- fionacannotfathomconstellations likes this
- jacquiblaze reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- holybladeofyork likes this
- thisismyexcitedface likes this
- blurrysnapshot likes this
- les-amiserables likes this
- thetimelordwhodeduced reblogged this from cassjaytuck and added:
- heyheyamanda likes this
- magnuslegolasinsherlockedtardis likes this
- curseoftheherondales likes this
- dreamlikemusings likes this
- thatabstractedmarius likes this
- danibananilovesmustaches likes this
- rachel-tenenbaum likes this
- s-sansas reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- s-sansas likes this
- annaclarad likes this
- olabradford reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- olabradford likes this
- accioromulus likes this
- soulsweets likes this
- harshluck likes this
- valeriee-jones reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- valeriee-jones likes this
- mrsdracomalfoy419 likes this
- madlikeahatter reblogged this from cassjaytuck
- silverliningsplaynook likes this
- simplyastral likes this
- kennak12 likes this
- justspacingout likes this
- scribeofstories likes this
- elizziebooks reblogged this from cassjaytuck and added:
- theballadofafangirl likes this